BMAB is focused on children from 0-5 who need books at home and at school. Our geographic reach is from Silicon Valley, across the Bay Area, to Sacramento, Los Angeles County, Florida, St. Louis Missouri and to Hong Kong!
We work through established and community-based partners so to enhance our ability to reach children who need books, and to have greater impact for the families and schools we serve.
Our Core Values
- Human Potential: We believe that all children, regardless of economic status, have the ability to reach their potential when provided access to quality learning opportunities.
- The Whole Child: We place the child first and focus our work on supporting language and emerging literacy skills as two key parts of the multi-faceted development of the whole child.
- Joy of Learning: We are passionate about education and literacy readiness for the children, communities, and stakeholders we serve and strive to create an enjoyable experience and environment for learning.
- Diversity: We respect and embrace each others’ differences and believe that diversity of thought, experience and culture informs and enhances our work.
- Integrity: We are committed to high ethical and professional standards in our work and relationships. Our stakeholders trust our word and ability to deliver programs in a conscientious and respectful way.
- Quality: We strive to deliver high-quality programs grounded in research, knowledge, data, teamwork and a culture of continuous improvement. The success of BMAB is dependent on the quality of the team members employed by the organization and our valuing their contributions.