BMAB has developed five programs designed to enhance pre-literacy skills and to prepare children for kindergarten:
- Book Give Aways for Home & School
- Bookcase Library
- First Teachers Parenting Workshops
- Take Home Book Program
- Book Buddies
- Professional Development and Coaching
All BMAB programs are research-based, and matched to site, program, state, and federal accountabilities.
Please visit affiliates and offices pages to see which of our programs are offered near you.
- Address early educational inequities by providing a complete library of quality books for preschools currently not meeting ECRS-R and DRDP literacy and reading compliance;
- Engage children with books and stories to which they would not have otherwise been exposed;
- Help children gain knowledge of phonemes in an interesting context, allowing them to enter kindergarten confident, enthusiastic, and ready to continue building literacy skills
- Increase the likelihood that preschool teachers will conduct read aloud story times
- Instruct teachers and parents about overcoming the unique challenges facing ESL students
- Provide opportunities for parents to improve their own English reading skills
- Introduce families to local libraries and helps them overcome reluctance or fear about using libraries;
- Build background knowledge and vocabulary to address a significant gap that exists for children living in poverty
Our regional offices and affiliates provide these innovative programs. Bring Me A Book headquarters focuses on delivering quality, age-appropriate, books to children, families and classrooms in need through external nonprofit networks, thereby reducing our overhead without reducing our ability to provide quality books.